Technicians say the key to keeping vehicles running well-today and down the road is routine maintenance. Yet many drivers tend to stall when it comes to keeping up with some everyday auto-basics and preventive maintenance.
Preventive Maintenance is Important!
A recent survey by the Car Care Council found:
- 38 percent of cars had low or dirty engine oil.
- 54 percent had low tire pressure.
- 28 percent had inadequate cooling protection.
- 19 percent needed new belts.
- 16 percent had dirty air filters.
- 10 percent had low or contaminated brake fluid.
For your convenience, the Car Care Council developed a Service Interval Schedule to help you keep track of regular maintenance.
The image to the right will take you to an interesting animation about fluid flushes including:
Power Steering Fluid
Fuel Induction Service
Transmission Fluid Exchange
Most of the checks and services described here can be done at little or no cost. Best of all, they are quick and easy to do.
Preventive maintenance (PM) has the following meanings:
- The care and servicing by personnel for the purpose of maintaining equipment and facilities in satisfactory operating condition by providing for systematic inspection, detection, and correction of incipient failures either before they occur or before they develop into major defects.
- Maintenance, including tests, measurements, adjustments, and parts replacement, performed specifically to prevent faults from occurring. Wikipedia
Japanese Auto Care is a Florida family-owned and operated complete automotive service center. We’ve served our south Florida neighborhoods for over 20 years with honesty, integrity and the best car care you can find.
Our family has built its reputation on down home values with friendly customer service and our “no excuses” service promise.