The “Safety Triangle” is defined by the relationship between the tires, brakes, and shock absorbers. Steering and braking ability depend on secure contact between the tires and the road. When a shock or strut is not functioning properly that contact can be diminished and safety and control can become an issue.
Benefits of Shock & Strut Replacement
- Improve overall safety of the vehicle
- Prevent premature tire wear
- Improve vehicle control by reducing bounce, roll or sway, dive, and acceleration squat
- Improve driver & passenger comfort
- Produce consistent braking
- Reduce wear and tear on suspension parts, which maintain proper wheel alignment.
Shocks Convert Kinetic Energy to Heat
Shocks convert the energy of up and down movement into heat
- The heat is then transferred to the hydraulic fluid which dissipates the heat through the shock body
- Absorbs road shock, supports vehicle weight, and maintains vehicle height
- Absorb wheel motion when the wheels meet holes and humps in the road
- Springs alone cannot provide a satisfactory ride
- Spring motion is controlled by the dampening force of a shock or strut
- Springs and shocks/struts work together to keep tires in contact with the road creating improved traction and safety
Components Within Shock (made of metal, rubber & plastic) Degrade Over Time
All parts degrade due to extreme high temperatures created during use
- Each mile averages 1,750 stabilizing actions
- 50,000 miles = 87.5m cycles
- 100,000 miles = 175m cycles
- Over time, hydraulic fluid breaks down & loses viscosity, degrading unit performance
DID YOU KNOW?
- Though shock and strut rod seal quality has significantly improved over the last several years, a shock does not have to be leaking to be degraded!
- Just a 10% weight transfer causes the front brakes to work a 100% harder!
- For you and your family’s comfort & safety, STOP BY Japanese Auto Care FOR A FREE SHOCK or STRUT INSPECTION or for any other service or automotive repairs needs.
Twenty years of happy customers is our claim to fame.
Parts Impacted By Worn Shocks & Struts:
For you and your family’s comfort & safety, STOP BY Japanese Auto Care FOR A FREE SHOCK or STRUT INSPECTION or for any other service or automotive repairs needs.